Ursinus (4-4, 3-4 CC) 37, McDaniel (3-5, 2-5 CC) 16
What: Centennial Conference (CC) football game
When: Saturday, Nov. 2
Where: Collegeville, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Ursinus scored 21 straight points to turn a 13-9 edge into a 34-9 lead late in the third quarter, defeating McDaniel, 37-16.
• Daqwan Hill (Germantown, Md./The Avalon School) led the Green Terror with 55 all-purpose yards, scoring both touchdowns.
FOR THE FOES
• Kyle Wiggins led the Bears with 127 rushing yards on 31 carries.
• Octavious Carter added six catches for 147 yards, including a 74-yard touchdown.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• McDaniel took the opening possession 63 yards over 12 plays that Daqwan Hill capped with a two-yard touchdown run. The PAT was blocked, keeping it a 6-0 game with 9:06 to play in the first quarter.
• Ursinus responded with a 10-yard drive that covered 82 yards. Kyle Wiggins capped the march with a six-yard run.
• Wiggins added a second touchdown on the Bears' first possession of the second quarter, capping a five-play drive with an 13-yard score for a 13-6 lead with 11:45 showing.
• Peyton Denlinger (Lancaster, Pa./Lampeter-Strasburg) converted a 43-yard field goal to close the deficit to 13-9 with 3:12 remaining in the first half.
• Ursinus needed just two plays, however, to respond with a 75-yard Matt Gallagher touchdown pass from Jack Psenicska.
• On the opening possession of the second half, Psenicska went deep once again, hitting Octavious Carter for a 74-yard score on the second play of the drive for a 20-9 lead.
• A 22-yard touchdown catch by Zachary Throne pushed the lead to 34-9 with 5:01 remaining in the third.
• Hill responded at the end of a seven-play drive with a three-yard touchdown to make it 34-16 with 1:39 to play in the period.
• Dakota Wherrity hit a 32-yard field goal just 1:56 into the fourth quarter for the only points of the final period.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Jevon Hamilton (White Plains, Md./St. Charles) caught six passes for 66 yards.
• Brendan Bandy (Abington, Md./Patterson Mill) caught a 50-yard pass.
• Tyler Palermiti (Hudson, Fla./Dunedin) completed 15 of 26 passes for 216 – his second 200-yard passing game of the year.
McDaniel returns to action at No. 20 Susquehanna on Saturday. Game time is 6 p.m.