No. 6 Muhlenberg (7-0, 6-0 CC) 49, McDaniel (3-4, 2-4 CC) 7
What: Centennial Conference (CC) football game
When: Saturday, Oct. 26
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Muhlenberg scored the final four touchdowns to explode for a 49-7 win over McDaniel.
• Jevon Hamilton (White Plains, Md./St. Charles) led the Green Terror with an 85-yard touchdown grab in the second quarter.
• Jarius Ransom (Williamstown, N.J./Williamstown) led the defense with 12 tackles and a forced fumble.
FOR THE FOES
• Michael Hnatkowsky completed 18 of 30 passes for 273 yards and three touchdowns.
• Max Kirin caught two of those touchdown passes. He finished with six receptions for 78 yards.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• After forcing a three-and-out to start the game, Frankie Feaster blocked a punt to set up the offense at the McDaniel 26. Five plays later, James Diggs capped the drive with an eight-yard touchdown run for a 7-0 lead with 12:13 to play in the first quarter.
• Max Kirin capped a nine-play, 79-yard drive on the Mules' next possession for a 14-0 lead with 7:31 on the clock. Kirin hauled in a 20-yard touchdown.
• A Diggs one-yard touchdown run made it a 21-0 game with 6:32 to play in the second quarter.
• One play later, Jevon Hamilton – after being held by the defender – caught a tipped pass by another Mule defender and sprinted 85 yards down the near sideline to make it a 21-7 game just 18 seconds later.
• A Kirin seven-yard grab on third-and-goal stretched the lead to 28-7 at halftime.
• Nick DeLucas capped a nine-play, 68-yard drive to open the second half with a. 24-yard sprint to the end zone, stretching the advantage to 35-7 with 10:11 remaining in the period.
• Mitch Daniel caught a seven-yard touchdown with 5:13 to play in the third and Ryan Dimmick hauled in a 93-yard touchdown grab from Ethan Brader with 6:41 showing in the fourth quarter for the final margin.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The 85-yard touchdown grab was the Green Terror's longest pass play since Brad Baer connected with Jamie Unger for a program-record 98-yard touchdown against Dickinson on Oct. 16, 2004.
• Muhlenberg outgained McDaniel 550-153, including 184-28 in the run game.
• The Mules were 11-for-16 on third downs while McDaniel was just 2 of 14.
McDaniel returns to action at Ursinus on Saturday. Game time is 1 p.m.