Ursinus (5-3, 4-3 CC) 30, McDaniel (3-5, 2-5 CC) 14
What: Centennial Conference (CC) football game
When: Saturday, Oct. 27
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Ursinus scored the game's first 23 points en route to a 30-14 victory over McDaniel.
FOR THE FOES
• Samuel Ragland put up 244 all-purpose yards, rushing for 113 and a touchdown. He also grabbed four passes for 104 yards and two scores.
• Mike Reilly ran 52 yards for a touchdown and had three tackles, an interception and pass breakup.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Facing fourth-and-13 from its own 48, Mike Reilly came on to punt for the second time. He rolled right before tucking the ball and scampering untouched for 52 yards and a touchtown. The ensuing PAT was blocked by Angelo Payne (Baltimore, Md./Western Tech) to keep it a 6-0 game with 5:36 to play.
• The Bears took over at their own 16 with 4:08 to play in the second quarter and bled 4:04 off the clock before Kirk Cherneskie converted a 24-yard field goal to make it a 9-0 game at the break.
• Mike Reilly intercepted the Green Terror on the first possession of the third quarter and returned it 31 yards to set up his team's offense at the McDaniel 20. Three plays later, Thomas Garlick found Samuel Ragland for a 15-yard score and 16-0 lead.
• A 55-yard Ragland catch and run down the sideline on Ursinus' next possession made it a 23-0 game with 6:17 showing.
• Issac Murray broke a 39-yard run to cap a 10-play drive on the next Green Terror possession and get the hosts on the scoreboard, closing the margin to 23-7 with 2:13 remaining in the third quarter.
• Another interception on the second play of the fourth quarter set up the Bears at the McDaniel 6. Two plays later, Ragland powered home a two-yard run for a 30-7 lead.
• Matt Cathey (Brick, N.J./Brick Memorial) capped an 8-play, 48-yard drive with a five-yard touchdown run to set the final margin with 3:45 on the clock.
THE INSIDE STORY
• A week after rushing for a career-best 138 yards, Isaac Murray nearly matched that total with 137 yards for his second career 100-yard rushing game.
• Anthony Crawley (Baltimore, Md./Baltimore City College) blocked a 22-yard field goal attempt in the second quarter. It was the second time this season that the Green Terror blocked multiple kicks in the same game.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Susquehanna on Saturday. Game time is 1 p.m.