No. 20 Muhlenberg (7-0, 6-0 CC) 42, McDaniel (3-4, 2-3 CC) 18
What: Centennial Conference (CC) football game
When: Saturday, Oct. 20
Where: Allentown, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Muhlenberg jumped out to a 28-3 halftime lead, outgaining McDaniel 404-263 on the day in a 42-18 victory to remain undefeated.
• Nah'shon Godfrey (Baltimore, Md./Baltimore City College) had a 37-yard interception return for a touchdown.
• Breon Herbert (Silver Spring, Md./Blake) had two receptions for 40 yards and a touchdown.
• Issac Murray (Columbia, Md./Atholton) ran for a career-high 138 yards.
FOR THE FOES
• Mike Hnatkowsky threw for 250 yards, completing 24 of 33 passes.
• Matt Riggio ran for 51 yards and two touchdowns.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Mike Hnatkowsky capped an 11-play drive that covered 63 yards on Muhlenberg's first possession, finding Max Kirin for a 10-yard touchdown and 7-0 lead with 8:42 to play in the first quarter.
• Issac Murray ignited the ensuing McDaniel possession with a 37-yard run. The drive moved to the 10-yard line before the Green Terror had to settle for a 27-yard Peyton Denlinger (Lancaster, Pa./Lampeter-Strasburg) field goal to close the deficit to 7-3 with 4:32 showing.
• After an onside kick was recovered by the Mules, Ryan Curtiss caught 10-yard touchdown pas to cap a 66-yard drive in seven plays to make it 14-3 with 1:58 showing.
• A 39-yard John Washington interception returned for a touchdown made it 21-3 with 26 ticks remaining in the first period.
• Muhlenberg converted a fourth-and-2 before Mark Riggio scored from four yards out on the next play for a 28-3 lead with 9:18 to play in the second quarter.
• Lawrence Wright caught a 32-yard touchdown to stretch the lead to 35-3 with 11:33 to play in the third quarter.
• Nah'shon Godfrey intercepted a ball and returned it 37 yards for a touchdown with 9:07 on the clock.
• Facing a third down backed up at its own 4, Kofi Siga (Upper Marlboro, Md./Largo) knocked the ball out of a Hnatkowsky's hand in the end zone and it rolled out of the back for a safety, closing the margin to 35-12 with 44 seconds left in the third quarter.
• Riggio added a second touchdown with a five-yard run to push the lead to 42-12 with 6:11 to play.
• Breon Herbert caught a 38-yard touchdown pass with 47 seconds left to set the final margin.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The Nah'shon Godfrey interception return for a touchdown was the first such play for the Green Terror since the 2016 season opener.
• It was Isaac Murray's first collegiate 100-yard rushing game.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Ursinus on Saturday. Game time is 1 p.m.