Dickinson (2-4, 2-3 CC) 27, McDaniel (3-3, 2-3 CC) 20
What: Centennial Conference (CC) football game
When: Saturday, Oct. 6
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Dickinson scored the first 10 points before McDaniel closed to within one score three different times but the Red Devils held on for a 27-20 win.
• Breon Herbert (Silver Spring, Md./Blake) blocked a punt and picked it up for a touchdown early in the fourth quarter.
• Matt Cathey (Brick, N.J./Brick Memorial) scored two touchdowns among his 10 rushes, accounting for 50 yards on the ground.
• Jarius Ransom (Williamstown, N.J./Williamstown) led the defense with 13 tackles
• Anthony Crawley (Baltimore, Md./Baltimore City College) added a career-best 12 stops.
FOR THE FOES
• Jeremy Walsh ran for 97 yards on 18 carries.
• Christopher Longo added eight catches for 64 yards.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Taking over at the McDaniel 48 on its first possession, Dickinson drove 32 yards in five plays before having to settle for a Trystin Golowski 27-yard field goal for a 3-0 lead with 9:24 to play in the first quarter.
• A nine-play drive ended with a 20-yard Christopher Longo catch for a touchdown with five seconds to play in the first quarter.
• Matt Cathey capped off a 19-yard drive after a blocked punt gave the offense possession deep in Dickinson territory. Cathey found the end zone from two yards out to trim the deficit to 10-7 with 5:38 left in the first half.
• Jake Walbert caught an 18-yard pass to cap an 11-play, 79-yard drive and push the lead to 17-7 with 42 ticks remaining in the first half.
• A Cathey three-yard run trimmed the margin to 17-14 with 8:54 to play in the third quarter.
• Phillip Butler powered his way through a 17-yard run to cap a 36-yard drive and push the lead to 10.
• Breon Herbert notched the third Green Terror punt of the day and then scooped it up at the one-yard line and fell into the end zone to make it 24-20 with 10:49 remaining.
• After 13 plays and 66 yards, Golowski stretched the lead to seven with a 29-yard field goal with 4:35 to play.
• McDaniel drove to the 12-yard line keyed by a 45-yard Aaron Grant (Brooklyn, N.Y./Emmaus Hall) catch. However, the Green Terror could not convert a fourth-and-2 play.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The blocked punt touchdown was the Green Terror's first non-offensive TD on the year.
McDaniel is off next week before traveling to No. 24 Muhlenberg on Oct. 20. Game time is 2 p.m.