Dickinson (22-8, 9-3 CC) 6, McDaniel (9-19-1, 1-11 CC) 5
What: Centennial Conference (CC) baseball game
When: Thursday, Apr. 18
Where: Carlisle, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Dickinson plated three runs in the bottom of the ninth inning to rally for a 6-5 victory over McDaniel and complete the season sweep.
• Julian Jenkins (Tempe, Ariz./Desert Vista) led the Green Terror with three hits and two RBIs.
• T.J. McGuire (Blue Point, N.Y./Bayport-Blue Point) added three hits of his own.
FOR THE FOES
• Alex Cohen led the Red Devils with a 3-for-4 day at the plate.
• Brian Reilly had a two-run, game-tying home run in the ninth inning.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Joey Volpe drew a walk with one out in the home second. After a groundout, a pair of errors and a Ben Carter single led to three unearned runs and a 3-0 Dickinson lead.
• Julian Jenkins led off the fourth with a single before moving to second on a balk and stealing third. After a walk and popup put runners at second and third, a Tom Daly (Haddon Heights, N.J./Haddon Heights) sacrifice fly made it a 3-1 game.
• T.J. McGuire singled to lead off the fifth before a walk and sacrifice bunt moved two runners into scoring position. A Jenkins two-out single to center plated both runners to tie the game at 3-all.
• Daly drew a walk to lead off the sixth before back-to-back singles from McGuire and Jarod Pezzano (Stevensville, Md./Kent Island) gave the visitors a 4-3 lead.
• McGuire led off the ninth with a single before moving to second on a one-out sacrifice. A fielding error allowed McGuire to score for a 5-3 lead.
• Alex Cohen led off the home ninth with a single before a Brian Reilly home run to left tied the game. A Volpe single and fielder's choice put one on with one out. Max Brown singled to the gap to put runners at the corners before Chris Delsandro singled to score Alex Jacobson with the game-winning run.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Tommy Koide fanned six batters in 4 1/3 innings of relief to pick up the win for Dickinson.
• Brad Thaxton (Stevensville, Md./DeMatha) struck out three in his first start on the hill since Mar. 30.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Ursinus on Saturday. The first game of the doubleheader begins at 12 p.m.