College of New Jersey (7-1) 11, McDaniel (6-8) 0 (7 inn.)
What: Non-conference baseball game
When: Friday, Mar. 22
Where: Auburndale, Fla.
THE SKINNY STORY
The College of New Jersey put together a seven-run inning and got a one-hit pitching performance to top McDaniel 11-0 in seven innings.
• Tom Daly (Haddon Heights, N.J./Haddon Heights) notched the lone hit for the Green Terror.
FOR THE FOES
• Joseph Felipe tossed a complete-game one-hitter and struck out five to lead the way on the mound. He did walk four batters.
• David Cardona led the offense with a 3-for-3 day, adding two RBIs and a run scored.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Gary Otten led off thye second inning with a single before an error, sacrifice bunt and Chris Reeder RBI groundout staked the Lions to a 1-0 lead.
• Danny Borup led off the third with a single before stealing second and scoring on a one-out David Cardona single to double the lead.
• Matt Giacose and Avery Epstein led off the fourth with back-to-back singles before an RBI double from Reeder made it a 3-0 game. After a RBI groundout, four straight singles stretched the lead to 7-0. An Otten sacrifice fly and Giacose double capped the seven-run frame.
• College of New Jersey tacked on two more runs in the fifth with a bases-loaded walk and Tommy McCarthy sacrifice fly.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Tom Daly's single came to lead off the third inning before Green Terror hitters drew walks in the fifth, sixth and seventh innings.
McDaniel concludes its eight-game trip to the RussMatt Central Florida Invitational against Maine-Farmington on Saturday. Game time is 9:30 a.m.