WESTMINSTER, Md. – Coinciding with the fresh approach to telling the College's story, McDaniel has unveiled a new look to its athletics website (www.mcdanielathletics.com).
The new mcdanielathletics.com, hosted by PrestoSports, is a revolutionary approach to the story-telling of Green Terror athletics. The look will provide visitors a comprehensive look at everything McDaniel has to offer, presented in a simple and straightforward manner.
To help our users, we provide a brief overview of the new site and its navigation:
- Taking a cue from sites that sports fans are used to, a calendar of events and results for that day is prominent at the top of the page. It also provides quick pregame and postgame links.
- The main navigation serves every user – from quick links on left side for recruits and sport quick links to right-side links for fans, live video and giving – in some manner.
- The site also prominently features the new department-wide hashtag: #GetOnTheHill, a call that was popularized by the Green Terror football team in the spring.
- The main section of the site provides an aggregate look at everything digital. Traditional headlines with links to stories are now combined with Twitter and Instagram posts as well as videos that we post. This section can be viewed in aggregate or can be filtered by type.
- Below that section is a large box that tells the stories of what our McDaniel athletes have become in their own words.
- The individual sport pages will also feature prominent links at the top for the most visited pages – roster, schedule, stats and coaches. These pages also feature a countdown to the next game and individual sport social media integrated within the main page.
The fully-responsive mobile site that users have become accustomed to also rolls out many of the same features but in a mobile-friendly presentation.
In concert with the fresh visual approach to the site, our content will also take on a fresh approach. Visitors will notice a change to postgame recaps. No longer will our recaps be a long narrative of the game action. Instead following a game, we post a brief summary of the contest with leaders and highlights.
To complement these new, more concise recaps, we will be posting a weekly update for each in-season sport that will include team and player notes, a look back and ahead at the opponents, and other statistical information. Adobe Spark will be used to create a visually appealing presentation to this information on your screen but a link will also be provided for a downloadable PDF.
We will also be posting more video highlights from our broadcasts, including a "Highlight of the Day" featured on the main page when video exists. We also anticipate more interviews and "Getting to Know" features with our current athletes.