BALTIMORE, Md. – Arielle Latourette (Easton, Pa./Easton Area) finished fourth in the long jump to lead McDaniel at the 2017 Centennial Conference (CC) women's outdoor track and field championship hosted by Johns Hopkins on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- The Green Terror finished 10th with five points. Johns Hopkins won the 10-team championship meet with 202.5 points, defeating Dickinson by 48.5 points.
Making a Point: The following athletes earned points at the championship:
- Arielle Latourette: long jump, finishing fourth with a mark of 5.33 meters (17-6).
A New Standard: The following athletes hit ECAC-qualifying marks at the meet:
- Arielle Latourette: long jump, 5.33 meters
Top 10 Worthy: The following athletes achieved a mark that ranks in the program's all-time top 10:
- Arielle Latourette now ranks second in the long jump with a mark of 5.33 meters.
- Steph Becker (New Oxford, Pa./New Oxford) now ranks third in the 3000-meter steeplechase with a time of 13:20.28, finishing 14th.
- Elise Wiesnegger (Georgetown, Md./Sanford [Del.]) now ranks seventh in the hammer with a throw of 22.46 meters, finishing 21st.
Top of Her Game: The following athletes also turned in a personal-best performance at the meet:
- Elise Wiesnegger recorded a throw of 25.56 meters in the discus, finishing 20th.
The Best of the Rest: The following also competed at the event:
- Jamese Word: 200, 16th, 28.91; 400, 22nd, 1:07.40
- Yusrah Adebayo: 100 hurdles, 10th, 17.97 seconds; 400 hurdles, ninth, 1:10.63
- Aahna Reynolds: long jump, 19th, 4.16 meters
- Arielle Latourette, triple jump, 9th, 10.23 meters
- Shantae Byro, triple jump, 13th, 9.71 meters
- Libby Dougherty, hammer, 20th, 22.56 meters
Next Up: The Green Terror returns to action at the ECAC Championship hosted by Westfield State on May 17-18.