McDaniel competes in non-scoring Coach I Open
What: Women's indoor track and field meet
When: Saturday, Jan. 12
Where: Lancaster, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel had six personal-best marks and a pair of conference qualifiers at the non-scoring Coach I Open hosted by Franklin & Marshall.
• Simi Adeoye led the Green Terror with a 17th-place finish in the shot put, throwing a Centennial Conference (CC)-qualifying distance of 9.54 meters. The mark also ranks ninth on the all-time list.
• Rachel Dixon (Crofton, Md./Arundel) also posted a conference-qualifying time in the 60, placing 21st (9.03 seconds.)
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Rachel Dixon added a personal best in the long jump, jumping 3.96 meters to place 13th. She was also 15th in the 200 (31.18 seconds).
• Sarah Case (Frederick, Md./Oakdale) turned in three personal-best marks on the day. She was 22nd in the 60 (9.16 seconds), 16th in the 200 (31.92 seconds) and 15th in the long jump (3.76 meters). She also finished 23rd in the shot put (8.21 meters).
• Megan Mesick (Fredericksburg, Va./Chancellor) rounded out the PRs with a sixth-place showing in the 1000, turning in a time of 3:26.61.
• Samantha Merkel (Baltimore, Md./Winters Mill) was fifth in the 1000 with a time of 3:23.72 for the best placefinish of the day.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Mackenzie Meyer was 20th in the 800 (3:00.56).
• Anna Persick placed 22nd in the 800 (3:44.68).
• Julia Murphy was 24th in the 3000 (12:32.62).
• Catina Mable placed 27th in the shot put (7.38).
• Simi Adeoye was also 22nd in the weight throw (4.99).
McDaniel returns to action at the Little Dip Invitational hosted by Franklin & Marshall on Friday, Jan. 25.