Arnold wins seven games
WESTMINSTER, Md. – Shenandoah claimed the three doubles matches en route to a 9-0 victory over McDaniel in non-conference women's tennis action on Monday.
Nicole Arnold (Pasadena, Md./Chesapeake) led the Green Terror (1-8), winning seven total games.
Molly Barb led the Hornets (7-2) with a pair of victories in the top spots. She teamed with Amy Rapp for an 8-2 win at first doubles before tallying a 6-1, 6-1 win at No. 1 singles.
Arnold and Angela Johnson (Lansdowne, Md.) teamed at third doubles, dropping an 8-4 decision to Cierra Neidermeyer and Caitlin Tilton.
With everyone playing up a slot in singles play, Arnold played Amber Lake to a 6-3 first set before Lake completed the straight-set win, 6-0.
Gross and Danielle Cloney (Severna Park, Md.) played closest singles match. Gross ultimately prevailed at third singles, 6-3, 6-1.
The Green Terror returns to action at Dickinson on Tuesday. Match time is 3:30 p.m.
Shenandoah 9, McDaniel 0
1. Molly Barb/Amy Rapp (S) def. Winsome Schauer/Nina Breece 8-2;
2. Amber Lake/Rachel Gross (S) def. Laura Pollard/Elise O'Meara 8-4;
3. Cierra Neidermeyer/Caitlin Tilton (S) def. Angie Johnson/Nicole Arnold 8-4.
1. Barb (S) def. Pollard 6-1, 6-1;
2. Rapp (S) def. O'Meara 6-0, 6-2;
3. Gross (S) def. Danielle Cloney 6-3, 6-1;
4. Lake (S) def. Arnold 6-3, 6-0;
5. Tilton (S) def. Breece 6-0, 6-1;
6. Emma Stafford (S) def. Leesa Malczewski 8-2.