HILTON HEAD, S.C. – Division II East Stroudsburg swept doubles play en route to an 8-1 non-conference women's tennis win over McDaniel on Thursday.
Elise O'Meara (Bowie, Md./Elizabeth Seton) led the Green Terror (1-5) in its final match in Hilton Head, scoring a 6-2, 6-3 win at No. 6 singles.
Rebecca Lausch and Annie Vega led the Warriors (3-6) with 2-0 days that included straight-set singles victories. Lausch teamed with Allison Bean for an 8-0 win at No. 1 doubles while Vega partnered with Amina Dickson for an 8p2 win at second doubles.
Kiersten Patron (Timonium, Md./Dulaney), Danielle Cloney (Severna Park, Md.) and Laura Pollard (Federalsburg, Md./Colonel Richardson) each took one set before dropping super tiebreaker third sets in their respective singles matches.
Patron won the first set at No. 1 singles 6-1 before falling to Allison Bean 6-4, 10-5.
Cloney took the opening set at No. 2 singles 7-6 before falling to Dickson 6-2, 10-4.
Pollard also won the first set, taking a 6-4 decision at No. 5 singles before falling to Presby 7-5, 10-6.
The Green Terror opens the conference schedule at home against Swarthmore on Saturday. Match time is 1 p.m.
East Stroudsburg 8, McDaniel 1
1. Rabecca Lausch/Allison Bean (E) def. Kiersten Patron/Chelsea Barnett 8-0;
2. Annie Vega/Amina Dickson (E) def. Elise O'Meara/Laura Pollard 8-2;
3. Taylor Presby/Laura Trotta (E) def. Sophie White/Danielle Cloney 8-6.
1. Bean (E) def. Patron 6-1, 4-6, 10-5;
2. Dickson (E) def. Cloney 7-6, 2-6, 10-4;
3. Lausch (E) def. Barnett 6-1, 6-3;
4. Vega (E) def. White 6-3, 6-3;
5. Presby (E) def. Pollard 6-4, 5-7, 10-6;
6. O'Meara (M) def. Sarah DiGregory 6-2, 6-3.