McDaniel (5-2) 26, Greensboro (1-5) 22
What: Non-Conference wrestling action
When: Saturday, Dec. 15
Where: Greensboro, N.C.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel won three of the first five contested bouts to secure a 26-22 win over Greensboro.
• Ronnie Wuest (Smyrna, Del./Smyrna) led the way with a 15-0 win at 184, securing the victory for the Green Terror in the process.
FOR THE FOES
• Carlos Ortega led the Pride with a third-period fall.
• Tyron Dudley added a 16-3 major-decision victory at 174.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Nick Malinowski (Baltimore, Md./Boys' Latin School of Maryland and Ryker Eckenbarger (Finksburg, Md./Westminster) staked McDaniel to a 12-0 lead with a pair of forfeit wins at 125 and 133.
• Isaiah Edmond (Waldorf, Md./North Point) stretched the lead to 15-0 with a 6-3 win at 141.
• After a Hai Siu forfeit win at 149, Conan Wilson notched an 8-3 win at 157 for Greensboro, closing the margin to 15-9.
• Garrett Vandervalk (Westminster, Md./Westminster) earned a win by injury default with 20 seconds remaining in the match to give the Green Terror a 21-9 advantage.
• Tyron Dudley countered with a 16-3 win at 174 to make it a 21-13 score.
• Ronnie Wuest was able to get a late near fall and add a riding time point to capture a 15-0 technical fall at 184 to stretch the lead to 26-13 and seal the win.
• Carlos Ortega got a quick takedown and pin with just 35 seconds remaining in the match at 197 before Brandon Williams got a third-period escape and takedown for a 4-1 win at heavyweight.
THE INSIDE STORY
125: Nick Malinowski (M) won by forfeit; 133: Ryker Eckenbarger (M) won by forfeit; 141: Isaiah Edmond (M) dec. Paul Bauberger 6-3; 149: Hai Siu (G) won by forfeit; 157: Conan Wilson (G) dec. Wade Bishop 8-3; 165: Garrett Vandervalk (M) inj. def. Joel Kanagy 6:40; 174: Tyron Dudley (G) maj. dec. Neal Rinker 16-3; 184: Ronnie Wuest (M) tech. fell Daniel Pearce 15-0 (7:00); 197: Carlos Ortega (G) pinned Jaime Rodriguez 6:25; HWT: Brandon Williams (G) dec. Chris Hauffman 4-1.
McDaniel concludes the action at Greensboro against Averett at approximately 5:30 p.m.