SHIPPENSBURG, Pa. – Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford) won the 1500 to lead McDaniel at the Shippensburg Mid-Week Invitational in men's outdoor track and field action on Wednesday.
- The was no team score.
Head of the Class: The following athletes won an event at the meet:
- Gavin Gibson won the 1500 with a time of 4:08.87.
Standard Bearer: The following athletes hit Centennial Conference-qualifying marks at the meet:
- Gavin Gibson: 1500, finishing first with a time of 4:08.87.
- Alex Panagakos (Hampstead, Md./North Carroll): 400, finishing fourth with a time of 51.85 seconds.
- Michael Corinaldi: 400, finishing sixth with a time of 52.59 seconds.
- Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley): 400, finishing seventh with a time of 52.83 seconds.
- Patrick Smith (Frederick, Md./Gov. Thomas Johnson): long jump, finishing eighth with a mark of 6.37 meters.
- Billy Emerson (Germantown, Md./Watkins Mills): shot put, finishing third with a mark of 14.38 meters; discus, finishing sixth with a mark of 43.48 meters.
- Taylor Wagner (Dunkirk, Md./Northern): shot put, finishing eighth with a mark of 13.19 meters; discus, finishing 19th with a mark of 37.19 meters; hammer, finishing 13th with a mark of 36.36 meters; javelin, finishing sixth with a mark of 51.58 meters.
- Ian Armstrong (Tallyville, Del./Brandywine): shot put, finishing 11th with a mark of 11.88 meters; discus, finishing 12th with a mark of 41.26 meters.
- JR Yankowski (Sykesville, Md./Century): discus, finishing 17th with a mark of 38.78 meters.
A New Standard: The following athletes hit ECAC-qualifying marks at the meet:
- Patrick Smith: long jump, 6.37 meters
- Billy Emerson: shot put, 14.38 meters; discus, 43.48 meters.
- Taylor Wagner: shot put, 13.19 meters; javelin, 51.58 meters
- Ian Armstrong: discus, 41.26 meters
- JR Yankowski: discus, 38.78 meters
Top 10 Worthy: The following athletes achieved a mark that ranks in the program's all-time top 10:
- Taylor Wagner now ranks third all-time in the hammer (36.36 meters).
Teamwork: The following relays competed at the meet:
- The 4x400 relay of Gavin Gibson, Miky Kisi, Michael Corinaldi and Alex Panagakos finished second with a time of 3:27.83.
The Best of the Rest: The following also competed at the event:
- Ricardo Loyola: 1500, 10th, 5:05.32
- Stephen Porembski: 3000, 10th, 10:12.30
- Cyrus Daroowalla: 3000, 13th, 10:50.54
Next Up: The Green Terror returns to action at the Mason-Dixon Invitational hosted by Gettysburg on Saturday.