GETTYSBURG, Pa. – Billy Emerson (Germantown, Md./Watkins Mill) won both the shot put and discus to lead McDaniel at the Mason-Dixon Invitational hosted by Gettysburg in men's outdoor track and field action on Saturday.
- The Green Terror finished fourth with 86 points. Messiah won the 14-team invitational with 190.5 points.
Head of the Class: The following athletes won an event at the meet:
- Billy Emerson won the shot put with a mark of 14.06 meters and the discus with a mark of 44.46 meters.
- Luis Miramontes (San Jose, Calif./San Jose) won the hammer with a mark of 36.52 meters.
Making a Point: The following athletes earned points at the meet:
- Nevin Stambaugh (Taneytown, Md./Francis Scott Key): 110 hurdles, finishing sixth with a time of 16.87 seconds.
- Alex Mejias (Hampstead, Md./North Carroll): 400 hurdles, finishing seventh with a time of 1:01.87.
- Anthony Chambers: high jump, finishing fifth with a mark of 1.52 meters.
- Alex West (Ashburn, Va./Broad Run): pole vault, finishing sixth with a mark of 2.65 meters.
- Caleb White (Glen Burnie, Md./Baltimore City College): long jump, finishing fourth with a mark of 5.99 meters.
- Anthony Crawley (Baltimore, Md./Baltimore City College): triple jump, finishing fifth with a mark of 11.48 meters.
- Manny Rodriguez: triple jump, finishing seventh with a mark of 11.11 meters.
- Billy Emerson: shot put, finishing first; discus, finishing first.
- Luis Miramontes: shot put, finishing fourth with a mark of 11.10 meters; discus, finishing eighth with a mark of 31.85 meters; hammer, finishing first.
- Brandon Creyer (Brandon, Fla./Fleetwood Area): shot put, finishing fifth with a mark of 11.04 meters.
- Logan Kelly (Perryville, Md./Perryville): shot put, finishing seventh with a mark of 10.92 meters.
- Ian Armstrong (Tallyville, Del./Brandywine): discus, finishing second with a mark of 42.64 meters.
- JR Yankowski (Sykesville, Md./Century): discus, finishing fifth with a mark of 36.46 meters; hammer, finishing seventh with a mark of 31.85 meters; javelin, finishing sixth with a mark of 36.57 meters.
- Tory Cook (Waterford, N.Y./Shenendehowa): hammer, finishing fifth with a mark of 33.28 meters.
Standard Bearer: The following athletes hit Centennial Conference-qualifying marks at the meet:
- Manny Rodriguez: 100, finishing 10th with a time of 12.04 seconds.
- Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford): 800, finishing 11th with a time of 2:03.48.
- Nevin Stambaugh: 110 hurdles, 16.87 seconds.
- Alex Mejias: 400 hurdles, 1:01.87
- Caleb White: long jump, 5.99 meters
- Billy Emerson: shot put, 14.06 meters; discus, 44.46 meters
- Ian Armstrong: discus, 42.64 meters
- JR Yankowski: discus, 36.46 meters
A New Standard: The following athletes hit ECAC-qualifying marks at the meet:
Top 10 Worthy: The following athletes achieved a mark that ranks in the program's all-time top 10:
- Billy Emerson now ranks fifth in the discus (44.46 meters).
- Luis Miramontes now ranks second in the hammer (36.52 meters).
- JR Yankowski now ranks sixth in the hammer (31.85 meters).
The Best of the Rest: The following also competed at the event:
- Mikyas Kisi: 400, 10th, 55.56 seconds
- Alex Panagakos: 800, 21st, 2:07.73
- Shaun Thompson: 800, 25th, 2:18.53
- Manny Rodriguez: long jump, 13th, 5.10 meters
- Anthony Chambers: long jump, 14th, 5.09 meters
- Tory Cook: shot put, 10th, 10.10 meters
- Alex Mejias: shot put, 11th, 10.04 meters; javelin, 12th, 31.19 meters
- Brenndan Jacko: shot put, 14th, 9.00 meters; discus, 20th, 24.52 meters; hammer, 14th, 16.75 meters; javelin, 14th, 28.90 meters
- Nick Anania: shot put, 16th, 8.05 meters; discus, 23rd, 22.06 meters; javelin, 13th, 31.13 meters
- Logan Kelly: discus, 14th, 27.64 meters; hammer, 12th, 21.08 meters; javelin, 10th, 34.07 meters
- Alex West: discus, 19th, 25.25 meters; javelin, 11th, 31.95 meters
Next Up: The Green Terror returns to action at its own McDaniel Twilight on Tuesday. Action begins at 3 p.m.