SHIPPENSBURG, Pa. – Caleb White (Glen Burnie, Md./Baltimore City College) finished third in the 400 and seventh in the long jump to lead McDaniel at the Shippensburg Invitational in men's outdoor track and field action on Wednesday.
- It was a non-scoring meet.
Head of the Class: The following athletes won an event at the meet:
- Jim Heilman (Lutherville, Md./Baltimore Lutheran) won the 1500 with a time of 4:06.87.
Standard Bearer: The following athletes hit Centennial Conference-qualifying marks at the meet:
- Manny Rodriguez: 100, finishing sixth in a time of 12.05 seconds; long jump, finishing ninth with a mark of 5.76 meters; triple jump, finishing third with a mark of 11.82 meters.
- Caleb White: 400, finishing third in a time of 52.50 seconds; long jump, finishing seventh with a mark of 6.07 meters.
- Mikyas Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley): 400, finishing fourth in a time of 53.10 seconds.
- Jim Heilman: 1500, finishing first in a time of 4:06.87.
- Billy Emerson (Germantown, Md./Watkins Mill): shot put, finishing second with a throw of 14.37 meters; discus, finishing second with a throw of 43.67 meters.
- Ian Armstong (Tallyville, Del./Brandywine): discus, finishing fourth with a throw of 42.17 meters.
- JR Yankowski (Sykesville, Md./Century): discus, finishing 10th with a throw of 36.24 meters.
A New Standard: The following athletes hit ECAC-qualifying marks at the meet:
- Billy Emerson: shot put, 14.37 meters; discus, 43.67 meters
Top 10 Worthy: The following athletes achieved a mark that ranks in the program's all-time top 10:
- Shaun Thompson (Mt. Airy, Md./Glenelg) now ranks sixth in the 3000, finishing 10th with a time of 9:27.48.
- Billy Emerson now ranks fifth in the shot put (14.37 meters).
- Billy Emerson now ranks sixth in the discus (43.67 meters).
- Luis Miramontes (San Jose, Calif./San Jose) now ranks second in the hammer, finishing seventh with a throw of 35.91 meters.
The Best of the Rest: The following also competed at the event:
- Caleb White: 200, fifth, 24.36 seconds
- Will Greene: 800, 10th, 2:05.59; 1500, fourth, 4:14.35
- Alex Mejias: 800, 15th, 2:12.34; long jump, 11th, 4.91 meters; shot put, 11th, 10.41 meters; discus, 14th, 28.80 meters; javelin, 10th, 34.47 meters
- Brenndan Jacko: shot put, 12th, 9.13 meters; discus, 16th, 25.94 meters; hammer, 12th, 16.31 meters; javelin, 13th, 23.32 meters
- JR Yankowski: hammer, 10th, 27.63 meters; javelin, ninth, 35.16 meters.
Next Up: The Green Terror returns to action at the Mason-Dixon Invitational hosted by Gettysburg on Saturday.