HAGERSTOWN, Md. – Michael Gallagher (Elko, Nev./Elko) won the 300 and high jump to lead McDaniel at the Larry Sharp Invitational hosted by Hagerstown CC in men's indoor track and field action on Sunday.
- There was no team score.
Head of the Class: The following athletes won an event at the meet:
- Billy Emerson (Germantown, Md./Watkins Mill) won the shot put with a mark of 14.32 meters.
- Michael Gallagher won the 300 with a time of 38.32 seconds and high jump with a mark of 1.72 meters.
- Gavin Gibson (Newark, Md./Sanford) won the 800 with a time of 2:06.19.
- Jamie Mintz (Baltimore, Md./Benjamin Franklin) won the 55 with a time of 7.07 seconds.
- Caleb White (Glen Burnie, Md./Baltimore City College) won the 55 hurdles with a time of 8.65 seconds.
- The 4x200-meter relay of Manny Rodriguez, Jamie Mintz, Nathaniel Alston and Caleb White won with a time of 1:40.52.
- The 4x400-meter relay of Michael Gallagher, Michael Corinaldi, Miky Kisi and Kai Samuels won with a time of 3:38.70.
- The 4x800-meter relay of Alex Panagakos, Gavin Gibson, Mikyas Kisi and Kai Samuels won with a time of 8:42.64.
Standard Bearer: The following athletes hit Centennial Conference-qualifying marks at the meet:
- Jamie Mintz: 55, finishing first with a time of 7.07 seconds.
- Gavin Gibson: 800, finishing first with a time of 2:06.19.
- Caleb White: 55 hurdles, finishing first with a time of 8.65 seconds.
- Nevin Stambaugh (Taneytown, Md./Francis Scott Key): 55 hurdles, finishing second with a time of 8.89 seconds.
- Michael Gallagher: high jump, finishing first on jumps with a mark of 1.72 meters.
- Nathaniel Alston (Catonsville, Md./Benjamin Franklin): high jump, finishing second with a mark of 1.72 meters.
- Billy Emerson: shot put, finishing first with a mark of 14.32 meters.
- Taylor Wagner (Dunkirk, Md./Northern): shot put, finishing second with a mark of 12.92 meters.
A New Standard: The following athletes hit ECAC-qualifying marks at the meet:
- Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley): 500, finishing second with a time of 1:10.24.
- Kai Samuels (Pasadena, Md./Northeast): 500, finishing third with a time of 1:10.53.
- Billy Emerson: shot put, 14.32 meters
Top 10 Worthy: The following athletes achieved a mark that ranks in the program's all-time top 10:
- Taylor Wagner now ranks second in the weight throw (12.43 meters), finishing second.
- Billy Emerson now ranks fourth in the shot put (14.32 meters).
- Michael Gallagher and Nathaniel Alston now rank tied for sixth in the high jump (1.72 meters).
- Kai Samuels now ranks eighth in the 500 (1:10.53).
- Nevin Stambaugh now ranks ninth in the 55 hurdles (8.89 seconds).
Teamwork: The following relays competed at the meet:
- The 4x200-meter B-relay of Michael Gallagher, Alex Panagakos, Nevin Stambaugh and Alex West finished second with a time of 1:40.78,
- The 4x400-meter B-relay of Alex Panagakos, Caleb White, Alex Mejias and Stephen Porembski finished second with a time of 3:54.48.
The Best of the Rest: The following also competed at the event:
- Nathaniel Alston: 55, third, 7.41 seconds; 200, third, 25.45 seconds
- Michael Corinaldi: 500, fourth, 1:12.26
- Stephen Porembski: 800, fifth, 2:16.95
- Ricardo Loyola: mile, fifth, 5:36.69
- Cyrus Daroowalla: mile, sixth, 5:41.25
- Alex West: 55 hurdles, third, 11.44 seconds; pole vault, third, 2.89 meters; shot put, eighth, 9.72 meters
- Alex Mejias: 55 hurdles, fourth, 12.42 seconds; shot put, 11th, 9.40 meters
- Caleb White: high jump, third, 1.57 meters; pole vault, fourth, 2.59 meters
- JR Yankowski: shot put, fourth, 10.94 meters; weight throw, fifth, 10.08 meters
- James Moye: shot put, fifth, 10.91 meters
- Qwentin Dobbs: shot put, seventh, 9.99 meters; weight throw, sixth, 8.86 meters
- Nevin Stambaugh: shot put, ninth, 9.65 meters
- Tory Cook: shot put, 10th, 9.61 meters
- Brenndan Jacko: shot put, 12th, 9.16 meters
Next Up: The Green Terror returns to action at the Centennial Conference Championship hosted by Ursinus on Saturday and Sunday.