LANCASTER, Pa. – Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford) recorded a pair of win to lead McDaniel at the Diplomat Open hosted by Franklin & Marshall to open the men's indoor track and field season on Saturday.
- There was no team score.
Head of the Class: The following athletes won an event at the meet:
- Gavin Gibson won the 1000 with a time of 2:36.06.
- The 4x800-meter relay of Gavin Gibson, Alex Panagakos (Hampstead, Md./North Carroll), Kai Samuels (Pasadena, Md./Northeast) and Michael Gallagher (Elko, Nev./Elko) won with a time of 8:24.39.
Standard Bearer: The following athletes hit Centennial Conference-qualifying marks at the meet:
- Nevin Stambaugh (Taneytown, Md./Francis Scott Key): 60 hurdles, finishing ninth with a time of 9.33 seconds.
- Alex West (Ashburn, Va./Broad Run): 60 hurdles, finishing 21st with a time of 10.36 seconds.
- Alex Mejias (Hampstead, Md./North Carroll): 60 hurdles, finishing 25th with a time of 10.78 seconds.
- Aaron Clarke-Williams (Owings Mills, Md./Edmondson Westside): 60, finishing 19th with a time of 7.37 seconds.
- Aaron Grant (Brooklyn, N.Y./Erasmus Hall): 60, finishing 20th with a time of 7.39 seconds; long jump, finishing 18th with a jump of 5.94 meters.
- Alan Clarke-Williams (Owings Mills, Md./Edmondson Westside): 60, finishing 30th with a time of 7.44 seconds.
- Manny Rodriguez: 60, finishing 36th with a time of 7.55 seconds; 200, finishing 17th with a time of 24.23 seconds.
- Jamie Mintz (Baltimore, Md./Benjamin Franklin): 60, finishing 38th with a time of 7.60 seconds; 200, finishing 28th with a time of 24.64 seconds.
- Michael Gallagher: 400, finishing fifth with a time of 52.90 seconds.
- Kai Samuels: 400, finishing 16th with a time of 54.44 seconds.
- Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley): 400, finishing 19th with a time of 54.89 seconds.
- Corey Hamilton (Gaithersburg, Md./Richard Montgomery): 200, finishing 37th with a time of 24.95 seconds.
- Michael Corinaldi: 200, finishing 45th with a time of 25.07 seconds.
- Logan Kelly (Perryville, Md./Perryville): shot put, finishing 16th with a mark of 11.73 meters.
- Nathaniel Alston (Cotonsville, Md./Benjamin Franklin): high jump; finishing 25th with a height of 1.68 meters.
- Patrick Smith (Frederick, Md./Gov. Thoams Johnson): long jump, finishing seventh with a jump of 6.20 meters.
A New Standard: The following athletes hit ECAC-qualifying marks at the meet:
- Gavin Gibson: 1000, 2:36.06
Top 10 Worthy: The following athletes achieved a mark that ranks in the program's all-time top 10:
- Aaron Clarke-Williams now ranks seventh in the 60 (7.37 seconds).
- Patrick Smith now ranks eighth in the long jump (6.20 meters).
- Shaun Thompson (Mt. Airy, Md./Glenelg) now ranks eighth in the 3000 (9:21.41).
- Aaron Grant now ranks ninth in the 60 (7.39 seconds).
- Corey Hamilton now ranks ninth in the high jump (1.68 meters).
- Michael Gallagher now ranks 10th in the 400 (52.90 seconds).
The Best of the Rest: The following also competed at the event:
- Nathaniel Alston: 60, 54th, 7.74 seconds
- Michael Corinaldi: 400, 30th, 56.66 seconds
- Cyrus Daroowalla: 3000, 24th, 10:59.76
- Brenndan Jacko: shot put, 39th, 9.57 meters
- Alex Mejias: 400, 35th, 57.25 seconds; shot put, 30th, 10.54 meters
- Stephen Porembski: 800, 29th, 2:18.33
- Manny Rodriguez: long jump, 33rd, 5.39 meters
- Nevin Stambaugh: 60, 52nd, 7.70 seconds; 200, 56th, 25.63 seconds
- Shaun Thompson: 3000, 8th, 9:21.41
- Alex West: 60, 71st, 8.12 seconds; shot put, 40th, 9.32 meters; long jump, 43rd, 4.42 meters
Next Up: The Green Terror returns to action at the Father Diamond Invitational at George Mason on Saturday, Jan. 6.