CARLISLE, Pa. – Jim Heilman (Lutherville, Md./Baltimore Lutheran) finished second with an ECAC-qualifying time in the 1000 and led off the record-setting 4x1600-meter relay to lead McDaniel at the DuCharme Invitational hosted by Dickinson in men's indoor track and field action on Saturday.
- The Green Terror finished 10th in the 17-team field with 34 points. Messiah won the invitational with 112.5 points.
Making a Point: The following athletes earned points at the meet:
- Jim Heilman finished second in the 1000 with a time of 2:37.50.
- Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford) finished third in the 1000 with a time of 2:37.57.
- Taylor Wagner (Dunkirk, Md./Northern) finished third in the shot put with a throw of 13.48 meters.
- Will Greene (Westminster, Md./Delone Catholic) finished sixth in the 1000 with a time of 2:42.98
- Alex Panagakos (Hampstead, Md./North Carroll) finished seventh in the 1000 with a time of 2:47.82.
- Steven Morella (Washington, N.J./Voorhees) finished seventh in the 200 with a time of 24.35 seconds.
- Evan Callahan (Boxborough, Mass./Acton-Boxborough) finished eighth in the high jump with a jump of 1.60 meters.
- The 4x1600 finished third with a time of 18:39.65.
Record Setter: The following athletes established a new program record at the meet:
- The 4x1600-meter relay of Jim Heilman, Gavin Gibson, Will Greene and Shaun Thompson (Mt. Airy, Md./Glenelg): 18:39.65.
Standard Bearer: The following athletes hit Centennial Conference-qualifying marks at the meet:
- Steven Morella: 55, finishing 12th with a time of 6.96 seconds; 200, finishing seventh with a time of 24.35 seconds.
- Evan Callahan: 55 hurdles, finishing 15th with a time of 10.19 seconds.
- Caleb White (Glen Burnie, Md./Baltimore City College): long jump, finishing 14th with a jump of 5.81 meters.
- Taylor Wagner: shot put, finishing third with a throw of 13.48 meters.
- Luis Miramontes (San Jose, Calif./San Jose): shot put, finishing 11th with a throw of 11.86 meters.
- JR Yankowski (Sykesville, Md./Century): shot put, finishing 18th with a throw of 11.32 meters.
A New Standard: The following athletes hit ECAC-qualifying marks at the meet:
- Jim Heilman: 1000, finishing second in a time of 2:37.50.
- Gavin Gibson: 1000, finishing third in a time of 2:37.57.
Top of His Game: The following athletes turned in a personal-best performance at the meet:
- Evan Callahan: high jump, 1.60 meters; long jump, 5.02 meters (finishing 27th)
- Alex West (Ashburn, Va./Broad Run): high jump, 1.50 meters (finishing 12th); shot put, 9.40 meters (finishing 40th)
- Taylor Wagner: shot put, 13.48 meters
Top 10 Worthy: The following athletes achieved a mark that ranks in the program's all-time top 10:
- Taylor Wagner now ranks seventh in the shot put (13.48 meters).
- Evan Callahan now ranks ninth in the high jump (1.60 meters).
- Alex West now ranks 10th in the high jump (1.50 meters).
Teamwork: The following relays competed at the meet:
- 4x1600 relay of Jim Heilman, Gavin Gibson, Will Greene and Shaun Thompson finished third with a time of 18:39.65.
The Best of the Rest: The following also competed at the event:
- Manny Rodriquez: 55, 25th, 7.19 seconds; 200, 20th, 25.31 seconds; long jump, 22nd, 5.35 meters; triple jump, 14th, 10.83 meters
- Antonio Batang: 55, 31st, 7.31 seconds; 200, 21st, 25.80 seconds
- Alex West: 55, 36th, 7.51 seconds; 55 hurdles, 16th, 10.55 seconds; long jump, 30th, 4.66 meters
- Alex Mejias: 55, 39th, 7.66 seconds; 800, 38th, 2:18.61; 55 hurdles, 17th, 11.07 seconds; shot put, 35th, 10.07 meters
- Miky Kisi: 800, 28th, 2:12.81
- Caleb White: 800, 37th, 2:18.61
- Richardo Loyola: 800, 42nd, 2:32.91
- Logan Kelly: shot put, 22nd, 10.92 meters
- Brandon Creyer: shot put, 27th, 10.64 meters
- Evan Callahan: shot put, 28th, 10.61 meters
- Tory Cook: shot put, 36th, 9.68 meters
- Qwentin Dobbs: shot put, 37th, 9.67 meters
- Zack Jones: shot put, 43rd, 9.14 meters
Next Up: The Green Terror returns to action at the Hagerstown Invitational on Sunday, Feb. 19. Action begins at 11 a.m.