WESTMINSTER, Md. – Gettysburg won two of the three doubles matches en route to a 6-3 win over McDaniel in Centennial Conference (CC) men's tennis action on Saturday.
Ryan Salomon (Bethesda, Md./The Siena) won twice to lead the Green Terror (6-9, 1-8 CC), teaming with Daniel Xinis (Owings, Md./Northern) for a 8-5 win at third doubles. Salomon then won in straight sets at No. 5 singles, 6-2, 7-5.
Dave Musser and Scott Johnson led the Bullets (7-9, 1-8 CC) with two wins each. After teaming for an 8-6 win at first doubles, Musser won at No. 1 singles and Johnson won at No. 2.
Johnson's win came in straight sets, 6-4, 6-0.
Musser dropped the first set to Brian Kron (Upperco, Md./North Carroll) 6-2 before forcing a third set with a 6-4 win and prevailing 6-0 in the deciding set.
Satchel McCarthy added a three-set victory for McDaniel. He took the opening set 6-2 before Mike Pratt forced a third set, 6-3. McCarthy wont he deciding set, 6-2.
Matthew Langsdale (Hampstead, Md./North Carroll) and Kevin DeRosa also played a three-set match. Langsdale won the first set at No. 4 singles 6-3 before DeRosa rallied for wins of 6-2 and 6-1.
Gettysburg 6, McDaniel 3
1. Dave Musser/Scott Johnson (G) def. Satchel McCarthy/Seth McFall 8-6;
2. Mike Pratt/Kevin DeRosa (G) def. Brian Kron/Matthew Langsdale 9-7;
3. Ryan Salomon/Daniel Xinis (M) def. Wiley Vehslage/Kevin Roveda 8-5.
1. Musser (G) def. Kron 2-6, 6-4, 6-0;
2. Johnson (G) def. McFall 6-4, 6-0;
3. McCarthy (M) def. Mike Pratt 6-2, 3-6, 6-2;
4. DeRosa (G) def. Langsdale 3-6, 6-2, 6-1;
5. Salomon (M) def. John Cronin 6-2, 7-5;
6. Vehslage (G) def. Philip Jorgensen 6-3, 6-3.