Kron perfect in singles to key sweep
WESTMINSTER, Md. – McDaniel swept singles in straight sets to defeat Rutgers-Camden 9-0 in non-conference men's tennis action on Tuesday.
Brian Kron (Upperco, Md./North Carroll) led the Green Terror (5-5) with a perfect day at No. 1 singles, winning 6-0, 6-0 after teaming with Matthew Langsdale (Hampstead, Md./North Carroll) to win 8-4 at second doubles.
Drew Delengowski and Joseph Tyrrell, in addition to winning the four games at No. 2 doubles, each won four games to lead the Scarlet Raptors (4-4) in singles play.
Satchel McCarthy defeated Denengowski 6-3, 6-1 at No. 3 singles while Langsdale topped Tyreell 6-4, 6-0 at No. 4.
McCarthy and Seth McFall (Dover, Del./Caesar Rodney) teamed for an 8-1 win at first doubles before McFall completed a 2-0 day, winning 6-3, 6-2 at second singles.
Ryan Salomon (Bethesda, Md./The Siena) capped the sweep with a 6-0, 6-1 win at sixth singles.
The Green Terror returns to action at Swarthmore on Wednesday. Match time is 4 p.m.
McDaniel 9, Rutgers-Camden 0
1. Satchel McCarthy/Seth McFall (M) def. Onkar Sing/Lloyd Pearson 8-1;
2. Brian Kron/Matthew Langsdale (M) def. Drew Delengowski/Joseph Tyrrell 8-4;
3. Philip Jorgensen/Daniel Xinis (M) def. Jason Lin/Brian Kuan 8-1.
1. Kron (M) def. Sing 6-0, 6-0;
2. McFall (M) def. Pearson 6-3, 6-2;
3. McCarthy (M) def. Delengowski 6-3, 6-1;
4. Langsdale (M) def. Tyrrell 6-4, 6-0;
5. Jorgensen (M) def. Lin 6-1, 6-4;
6. Ryan Salomon (M) def. Kuan 6-0, 6-1.