McCarthy wins twice in victory
WESTMINSTER, Md. – McDaniel swept doubles play en route to an 8-1 non-conference men's tennis victory over Shenandoah on Thursday.
Satchel McCarthy led the Green Terror (4-2) with a pair of victories that included an 8-0 win at No. 1 doubles.
Dustan DeMello recorded the lone win for the Hornets (2-4), taking fifth singles, 6-3, 7-6.
McCarthy partnered with Seth McFall (Dover, Del./Caesar Rodney) for the victory in doubles play before taking a 6-1, 6-2 win at third singles. McFall completed a 2-0 day with a 6-2, 6-4 win at second singles.
Brian Kron (Upperco, Md./North Carroll) and Philip Jorgensen teamed for an 8-1 win at second doubles before both completed 2-0 days in singles play. Kron won No. 1 singles 6-1, 7-6 while Jorgensen won in the fourth slot, 6-3, 7-6.
Matthew Langsdale (Hampstead, Md./North Carroll) rounded out double winners for McDaniel. He and Ryan Salomon (Bethesda, Md./The Siena) paired for an 8-3 victory at third doubles. Langsdale then won sixth singles, 6-1, 6-2.
The Green Terror returns to action at Haverford on Saturday. Match time is 12 p.m.
McDaniel 8, Shenandoah 1
1. Satchel McCarthy/Seth McFall (M) def. Steven Baker/Dustan DeMello 8-0;
2. Brian Kron/Philip Jorgensen (M) def. Will Leach/Zach O'Neal 8-1;
3. Matthew Langsdale/Ryan Salomon (M) def. Brett Holmes/Kelly Sykes 8-3.
1. Kron (M) def. Baker 6-1, 7-6;
2. McFall (M) def. Leach 6-2, 6-4;
3. McCarthy (M) def. O'Neal 6-1, 6-2;
4. Jorgensen (M) def. Sykes 6-3, 7-6;
5. DeMello (S) def. Daniel Xinis 6-3, 7-6;
6. Langsdale (M) def. Wes Licklider 6-1, 6-2.