McFall takes two
ALLENTOWN, Pa. – Muhlenberg won five of the six singles matches to record a 6-3 win over McDaniel in Centennial Conference (CC) men's tennis action on Saturday.
McFall rallied in his second singles match after dropping the first set 6-2 to win force a third set, 6-4. He won the deciding set, 7-5.
Jason Teitelbaum and Eric Chavis won twice for the Mules (4-5, 3-3 CC), teaming for an 8-0 win at second doubles. Teitelbaum added a 6-2, 6-0 win at third singles while Berkowitz won 6-0, 6-0 at fourth singles.
Tom Orrok (Point Pleasant, N.J./Point Pleasant) and Ryan Solomon (Bethesda, Md./The Siena) took third doubles, 9-7.
Matthew Langsdale (Hampstead, Md./North Carroll) took the first set off Keith Beizer at No. 6 singles 6-2 before Beizer rallied 6-0 and 10-4 in the supertiebreaker.
The Green Terror returns to action at home against Johns Hopkins on Wednesday. Match time is 3:30 p.m.
Muhlenberg 6, McDaniel 3
1. Brian Kron/Seth McFall (Mc) def. Daniel Lakhman/Max Blumenthal 9-7;
2. Jason Teitelbaum/Eric Chavis (Mu) def. Daniel Xinis/Matthew Langsdale 8-0;
3. Tom Orrok/Ryan Salomon (Mc) def. Ben Berkowitz/Derrick Eng 9-7.
1. Lakhman (Mu) def. Kron 6-3, 6-4;
2. McFall (Mc) def. Blumenthal 2-6, 6-4, 7-5;
3. Teitelbaum (Mu) def. Xinis 6-2, 6-0;
4. Berkowitz (Mu) def. Orrok 6-0, 6-0;
5. Chavis (Mu) def. Salomon 6-2, 7-5;
6. Keith Beizer (Mu) def. Langsdale 2-6, 6-0, 10-4.