Kron, McFall take No. 1 doubles
WESTMINSTER, Md. – Swarthmore won two of three doubles matches and took the top five singles flights in straight sets for a 7-2 win over McDaniel in Centennial Conference (CC) men's tennis action on Wednesday.
James Wieler led the Garnet (7-6, 3-1 CC) with one of four two-win days, completing his 2-0 day without dropping a game. He teamed with William Chung for an 8-0 win at third doubles before tallying a 6-0, 6-0 victory at fourth singles.
Tyler Justice (Georgetown, Del./Sussex Tech) was awarded a default win at sixth singles for McDaniel.
The Green Terror returns to action at Muhlenberg on Saturday. Match time is 1 p.m.
Swarthmore 7, McDaniel 2
1. Brian Kron/Seth McFall (M) def. Daniel Park/Max Kaye 9-8;
2. Preston Poon/Anthony Collard (S) def. Daniel Xinis/Matthew Langsdale 8-3;
3. James Wieler/William Chung (S) def. Luke Schmidt/Bennett Daniels 8-0.
1. Collard (S) def. Kron 6-2, 6-3;
2. Poon (S) def. McFall 6-2, 6-1;
3. Kaye (S) def. Xinis 7-5, 6-1;
4. Wieler (S) def. Tom Orrok 6-0, 6-0;
5. Chung (S) def. Ryan Salomon 6-1, 6-1;
6. Tyler Justice (M) won by default.