LANCASTER, Pa. – Franklin & Marshall swept doubles en route to an 8-1 win over McDaniel in Centennial Conference (CC) men's tennis action on Saturday.
Seth McFall (Dover, Del./Caesar Rodney) led the Green Terror (2-9, 0-4 CC) with a three-set victory oat second singles. Hamza Pataudi took the first set 6-3 before McFall took a 6-4 second set, forcing a deciding third set super-tiebreaker. McFall took the final set, 10-7.
Ross Silverberg led the Diplomats (5-6, 3-0 CC) with a two-win day. He teamed with Tommy Weibye for an 8-1 win at second doubles before winning at No. 1 singles, 6-3, 6-0.
Matthew Langsdale (Hampstead, Md./North Carroll) added a set victory for McDaniel. Langsdale took the first set 6-2 before Peter Bookman won the second set 6-4 and took the super-tiebreaker third set, 10-6.
The Green Terror returns to action at home against Randolph-Macon on Monday. Match time is 3:30 p.m.
Franklin & Marshall 8, McDaniel 1
1. William MacArthur/Nolan Bacchieri (F) def. Brian Kron/Seth McFall 8-4;
2. Ross Silverberg/Tommy Weibye (F) def. Tom Orrok/Matthew Langsdale 8-1;
3. Samuel Stone/Doug Kaplan (F) def. Tyler Justice/Luke Schmidt 8-2.
1. Silverberg (F) def. Kron 6-3, 6-0;
2. McFall (M) def. Hamza Pataudi 3-6, 6-4, (10-7);
3. Alec Tunner (F) def. Daniel Xinis 6-3, 6-4;
4. Kazuhiro Tomioka (F) def. Ryan Salomon 6-0, 6-2;
5. Geoffrey Brennan (F) def. Orrok 6-1, 6-2;
6. Peter Bookman (F) def. Langsdale 6-2, 4-6, (10-6).