WESTMINSTER, Md. – Juniata won the first four singles flights to secure a 6-3 win over McDaniel in non-conference men's tennis action on Friday.
Matthew Langsdale (Hampstead, Md./North Carroll) led the Green Terror (2-8) with a 6-4, 7-5 win at sixth singles.
Bruce Morey was the only player for the Eagles (8-4) to not drop a set on the day. He teamed with Justin Wisniewski for an 8-5 win at second doubles before taking fourth singles, 6-2, 6-1.
Kron won the first set at No. 1 singles 6-3 before Wisniewski rallied for a 7-5 win in the first set and 6-3 victory in the deciding set of a marathon match that took nearly three hours to complete.
McFall topped Elliott Perow 6-3 in the first set at second singles before Perow rallied for matching 6-3 victories to take the point for Juniata.
In addition to Langsdale's win in singles, Ryan Salomon (Bethesda, Md./The Siena) notched a win at fifth singles. He took the opening set 7-6 before Michael Lifshitz forced a deciding set, 6-1. With daylight running out and the match decided, Salomon prevailed in a super-tiebreaker third set, 10-7.
The Green Terror returns to action at Franklin & Marshall on Saturday. Match time is 10:30 a.m.
Juniata 6, McDaniel 3
1. Brian Kron/Seth McFall (M) def. Elliott Perow/Bryan Gregory 8-0;
2. Justin Wisniewski/Brice Morey (J) def. Daniel Xinis/Matthew Langsdale 8-5;
3. Michael Lifshitz/Tucker Good (J) def. Tom Orrok/Ryan Salomon 9-8 (7-5).
1. Wisniewski (J) def. Kron 3-6, 7-5, 6-3;
2. Perow (J) def. McFall 2-6, 6-3, 6-3;
3. Gregory (J) def. Xinis 6-1, 6-1;
4. Morey (J) def. Orrok 6-2, 6-1;
5. Salomon (M) def. Lifshitz 7-6, 1-6, 1-0 (10-7);
6. Langsdale (M) def. Good 6-4, 7-5.