HILTON HEAD, S.C. – Endicott won four of the six singles match to overcome a 2-1 deficit after doubles play to down McDaniel 5-4 in non-conference men's tennis action on Monday.
Seth McFall (Dover, Del./Caesar Rodney) led the Green Terror (1-2) with a pair of wins, including at No. 1 doubles.
Benjamin Randletta and Michael Dolph each won twice for the Gulls (1-2), including pairing for an 8-6 win at No. 2 doubles.
McFall teamed with Brian Kron (Upperco, Md./North Carroll) to notch a 9-7 win at first doubles while Tom Orrok (Point Pleasant, N.J./Point Pleasant) and Ryan Salomon (Bethesda, Md./The Siena) paired for an 8-2 win at third doubles for the 2-1 advantage.
Randlett and Dolph added straight-set victories for Endicott. Randlett was a 6-3, 6-0 winner at No. 3 singles while Dolph won 6-0, 6-2 at fifth singles.
Salomon completed a two-win day with a 6-2, 7-5 victory in the fourth slot.
Justin Warshavsky notched a straight-set win at No.6 (6-2, 6-1), leaving the match to be decided by a pair of super tiebreakers at first and second singles.
McFall took the victory in the No. 2 slot 10-7. He dropped the opening set 7-6 (7-4) before winning the second set, 6-1.
Olivier Joggi provided the difference with a 6-3, 3-6, 11-9 win at No. 1 singles.
The Green Terror continues its trip to Hilton Head with two matches on Tuesday. McDaniel takes on Frostburg at 8:30 a.m. and Edinboro at 6:30 p.m.
Endicott 5, McDaniel 4
1. Brian Kron/Seth McFall (M) def. Olivier Joggi/Jake Cohen 9-7;
2. Benjamin Randlett/Michael Dolph (C) def. Matthew Langsdale/Daniel Xinis 8-6;
3. Tom Orrok/Ryan Salomon (M) def. Timothy Forance/Michael Lauretano 8-2.
1. Joggi (E) def. Kron 6-3, 3-6, 11-9;
2. McFall (M) def. Evan Ross 6-7 (4-7), 6-1, 10-7;
3. Randlett (E) def. Orrok 6-3, 6-0;
4. Salomon (M) def. Cohen 6-2, 7-5;
5. Dolph (E) def. Xinis 6-0, 6-2;
6. Justin Warshavsky (E) def. Jacob Lorenz 6-2, 6-1.