McFall wins twice
WESTMINSTER, Md. – Gettysburg took five of the six singles matches to secure a 7-2 Centennial Conference (CC) men's tennis victory over McDaniel on Friday.
Seth McFall (Dover, Del./Caesar Rodney) led the Green Terror (6-10, 0-9 CC) with two wins.
Chris Curran paced the Bullets (8-8, 3-6 CC) with two wins of his own, teaming with Terry Keegan for an 8-1 win at first doubles before taking first singles, 6-2, 6-1.
McFall partnered with Daniel Xinis (Owings, Md./Northern) to win third doubles 9-8 with a 7-3 victory in the tiebreaker.
McFall added the team's lone singles with a 6-2, 6-3 victory at third singles.
Mike McLaughlin and Johnny Nelson were also double winners for Gettysburg. The duo captured an 8-5 win at second doubles.
Nelson was a straight-set winner at sixth singles, 7-6 (7-5), 6-4.
McLaughlin needed three sets for his win, falling 6-2 in the first set to Brian Kron (Upperco, Md./North Carroll) before rallying to win the next two sets, 6-3, 6-1.
The Green Terror concludes the season at Stevenson on Thursday. Match time is 3:30 p.m.
Gettysburg 7, McDaniel 2
1. Chris Curran/Terry Keegan (G) def. Steve French/Chad Palman 8-1;
2. Mike McLaughlin/Johnny Nelson (G) def. Brian Kron/Matthew Langsdale 8-5;
3. Seth McFall/Daniel Xinis (M) def. Sebastian Rodriguez/Mike Pratt 9-8 (7-3).
1. Curran (G) def. French 6-2, 6-1;
2. McLaughlin (G) def. Kron 2-6, 6-3, 6-1;
3. McFall (M) def. Rodriguez 6-2, 6-3;
4. John Cronin (G) def. Palman 6-0, 7-5;
5. Pratt (G) def. Langsdale 6-3, 6-0;
6. Nelson (G) def. Xinis 7-6 (7-5), 6-4.