Xinis, Kron take super breakers
WESTMINSTER, Md. - Muhlenberg swept doubles play to key a 7-2 Centennial Conference (CC) men's tennis victory over McDaniel on Sunday.
Jordan Rutt and Jason Teitelbaum led the Mules (3-7, 1-5 CC) with two-win days, including partnering for an 8-1 win at first doubles.
Rutt added a 6-1, 6-1 victory at first singles while Teitelbaum added a 7-5, 6-2 win at third singles that included rallying from a 5-1 deficit in the opening set.
Kron took the first set of his No. 2 singles match 6-2 before Daniel Lachman forced a third-set super breaker with a 7-4 tiebreaker win to take the second set, 7-6. Kron won the super-tiebreaker, 10-7.
Xinis took the first set at No. 6 singles 7-6 with a 7-4 tiebreaker win before Andrew Brod rallied to take the second set, 7-5. Xinis wrapped up the match with a 10-2 win in the third-set super-tiebreaker.
Ben Berkowitz and Eric Chavis added 2-0 days for the Mules.
Berkowitz teamed with Brod to take third doubles 8-5 before winning fourth singles, 6-0, 6-2.
Chavis partnered with Lakhman for an 8-1 victory at second doubles before winning fifth singles, 6-1, 6-4.
The Green Terror returns to action at home against Johns Hopkins on Tuesday. Match time is 4 p.m.
Muhlenberg 7, McDaniel 2
1. Jordan Rutt/Jason Teitelbaum (Mu) def. Steve French/Chad Palman 8-1;
2. Eric Chavis/Daniel Lakhman (Mu) def. Brian Kron/Matthew Langsdale 8-1;
3. Andrew Brod/Ben Berkowitz (Mu) def. Daniel Xinis/Seth McFall 8-5.
1. Rutt (Mu) def. French 6-1, 6-1;
2. Kron (Mc) def. Lakhman 6-2, 6-7 (4-7), (10-7);
3. Teitelbaum (Mu) def. McFall 7-5, 6-2;
4. Berkowitz (Mu) def. Palman 6-0, 6-2;
5. Chavis (Mu) def. Langsdale 6-1, 6-4;
6. Xinis (Mc) def. Brod 7-6 (7-4), 5-7, (10-2).