Green Terror downs Hood 7-2 to notch third win in last four matches
FREDERICK, Md. – Aaron Waltemeyer (Towson, Md./Towson) won twice to lead McDaniel to a 7-2 victory over Hood in non-conference men’s tennis action on Tuesday.
The Green Terror (3-5) swept doubles to key its third win in the last four outings, marking the first time the squad has won back-to-back matches since 2006.
Waltemeyer teamed with Tim Foley (Westmintser, Md.) for an 8-4 victory at third doubles. Waltemeyer then took an 8-6 decision at fifth singles and Foley won 8-4 at sixth singles.
Ben Faber (Wayne, Pa./Conestoga) and Dan Hovorka (Storrs, Conn./E.O. Smith) teamed for a 9-7 victory at No. 1 doubles while Justin Ward and Steve French (New Windsor, Md./Francis Scott Key) paired for a win by the same score at No. 2 doubles.
Hovorka and Ward rounded out the singles winners for McDaniel, tallying victories at second (8-5) and fourth (8-6), respectively.
Carter Reitman won 8-2 at first singles for the Blazers (2-6) while Andrew Blowe took an 8-6 win in the No. 3 slot.
McDaniel returns to action at home against No. 8 Johns Hopkins on Wednesday. Match time is 3:30 p.m.
McDaniel 7, Hood 2
1. Ben Faber/Dan Hovorka (M) def. Mike Hardman/Carter Reitman 9-7;
2. Justin Ward/Steve French (M) def. Andrew Blowe/David Blowe 9-7;
3. Aaron Waltemeyer/Tim Foley (M) def. David Little/Kenny Smith 8-4.
1. Reitman (H) def. Faber 8-2;
2. Hovorka (M) def. Hardman 8-5;
3. Blowe (H) def. French 8-6;
4. Ward (M) def. Blowe 8-6;
5. Waltemeyer (M) def. Smith 8-6;
6. Foley (M) def. Little 8-4.