Dickinson (5-2-1, 2-0 CC) 2, McDaniel (4-2-1, 1-1 CC) 1
What: Centennial Conference (CC) men's soccer game
When: Saturday, Sept. 22
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
After a scoreless first half, the teams traded tallies in the first 10 minutes of the second half before Dickinson scored in the 70th minute to top McDaniel, 2-1.
• Randy Hilleary (Bonney Lake, Wash./Skyline) scored the lone goal for the Green Terror.
FOR THE FOES
• Ward Van de Water netted the game-winner on a penalty kick with 20:03 to play.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Colin Fagan finished a Tayler Eynon cross from the left side for a 1-0 Red Devil lead at the 50:50 mark.
• Randy Hilleary collected a loose ball in the box and finished to tie the game just 3:15 later.
• Ward Van de Water provided the difference, converting the PK in the 70th minute.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Dickinson finished with a 21-7 advantage in shots.
McDaniel returns to action at Gettysburg on Wednesday. Game time is 7 p.m.