McDaniel (2-1-1) 7, Albright (1-3-1) 0
What: Non-Conference men's soccer game
When: Wednesday, Sept. 12
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel broke open a 1-0 halftime game with six second-half goals to top Albright, 7-0. The Green Terror held a 22-7 advantage in shots, getting goals from six different players.
• Khaled Abuhantash (Mililani, Hawaii/North Harford [Md.]) scored two goals, including the only first-half tally.
• Jonathan Mangione (Greenville, S.C./James L. Mann Academy) made three saves in 22 minutes of relief action in goal.
FOR THE FOES
• Brendan Hanratty made three saves in goal.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Khaled Abuhantash collected a loose ball and found the back of the net for a 1-0 lead in the 31st minute.
• Randy Hilleary (Gaithersburg, Md./Good Counsel) converted a penalty kick just 3:41 into the second half.
• Drake Pew (York, Pa./Dallastown Area) finished another loose ball in the box just five minutes later.
• Jimmy Towers (Bally, Pa./Boyerstown) found the back of the net from the top of the box mere seconds later.
• Abuhantash converted a crossing pass from Dominic Byerly (Pasadena, Md./Chesapeake) in the 70th minute.
• Carlos Valdez (Silver Spring, Md./Blake) slid a ball to Greysen Brockbank (Newville, Pa./Big Spring), who finished in the 77th minute.
• Jaylen Clark (Baltimore, Md./Catonsville) got his first collegiate assist after Billy Rodgers (Hopewell, N.J./Montgomery) volleyed home his pass with 10:10 to play.
THE INSIDE STORY
• It was the second time this season that the Green Terror had scored seven or more goals in a game.
• McDaniel is the conference's top scoring offense at 4.50 goals per game.
McDaniel returns to action in the Centennial Conference opener at Ursinus on Saturday. Game time is 1 p.m.