McDaniel (1-0-1) 8, Valley Forge (0-2) 0
What: Non-Conference men's soccer game
When: Tuesday, Sept. 4
Where: Phoenixville, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel scored five first-half goals and finished with a 42-1 advantage in shots to top Valley Forge, 8-0.
• Greysen Brockbank (Newville, Pa./Big Spring) scored two goals.
• Khaled Abuhantash (Mililani, Hawaii/North Harford [Md.]) also added two goals.
• Billy Rodgers (Hopewell, N.J./Montgomery) chipped in a goal and two assists.
FOR THE FOES
• Jacob Kelly made 12 saves in goal.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Drake Pew (York, Pa./Dallastown Area) added his second goal in as many games to start the scoring in the 25th minute.
• Khaled Abuhantash scored his first goal off Billy Rodgers' first assist just 2 minutes, 7 seconds later.
• Joel Afata (Manchester, Pa./Northeaster) and Greysen Brockbank scored three and a half minutes apart to stretch the lead to 4-0 in the 40th minute.
• Liam Ireland (Wantagh, N.Y./Wantagh) scored his first colligate goal just 22 seconds before the break.
• Rodgers scored in the 58th minute, Abuhantash in the 62nd and Brockbank in the 80th for the second-half scoring.
THE INSIDE STORY
• It was the first multiple-goal games for Khaled Abuhantash and Greysen Brockbank.
• Joel Afata and Liam Ireland tallied their first collegiate goals in the first half.
• Joshua Kim (Annapolis, Md./Annapolis) registered his first collegiate assist on Brockbank's second tally.
• The eight goals scored by the Green Terror were the most in a single game since Aug. 30, 2013 and a 10-1 win over Southern Vermont.
• The 42 shots were the most by McDaniel under Steve Corrieri.
McDaniel returns to action at Wesley on Friday. Game time is 7 p.m.